Meeting Your Environmental and Workplace Safety Obligations
How can your organisation deal with its increasing environmental, asbestos management and industrial hygiene responsibilities?
The environmental consequences of industry have never been so heavily scrutinised. As a result, the effects of development and operations on our local and global environment come with a moral and economic imperative to do better. That is why, today, governments and regulatory bodies are placing a greater focus on the environmental responsibilities of every organisation.
From the management of waste, noise and dust to assessing the ecological impact of your operations on wildlife and nature, your responsibilities have never been greater. Plus, the impact of your business activities on employees means significant potential liability for your organisation.
Then there is the problem of dealing with inherited industrial issues. For example, asbestos remains one the most emotive topics in health and safety. Once known as ‘the wonder fibre’, the asbestos industry has left a significant legacy, with over 3,000 different products containing asbestos in the UK. Plus, according to the Health and Safety Executive (HSE), 1.6 million commercial properties are thought to contain asbestos.
In short, to manage the ever-increasing environmental issues you face, you need wide-ranging support and expertise.
Environmental support for every situation
We offer the capabilities and expertise to deliver a wide variety of solutions for environmental concerns. We work closely with you to understand your requirements and deliver practical and cost-effective solutions to any environmental problems you might encounter.
We can help you:
- Assess contaminated land, noise, dust and the impact of your operations on the environment
- Implement and optimise environmental management systems
- We can arrange ecology and wildlife surveys
Industrial hygiene to ensure a safe work environment
Industrial hygiene is the science concerned with measuring the impact of the working environment on employees and finding and implementing ways to avoid or reduce this to the lowest level. With our considerable experience and talent in all areas of this field, we can help you:
- Conduct workplace air sampling, including dust, solvent and fume assessments
- Design, install, assess and maintain local exhaust ventilation (LEV) systems
- Assess hand-arm and whole-body vibration and occupational hygiene/industrial hygiene
- Occupational noise
- Perform COSHH assessments and risk assessments
- Arrange legionella risk assessments
- Ensure fire safety
We have extensive experience in asbestos management and are UKAS accredited for many asbestos services with competency, integrity, impartiality and independence annually audited for your peace of mind. As a result, we can enable you to meet the requirements of UK legislation and EU Directives.
We can help you:
- Perform surveys and bulk sample analysis
- Monitor airborne fibres and analyse third-party airborne fibre samples
- Plan and implement four-stage clearances and inspections
- Prepare tenders and specifications
- Ensure effective abatement project management and removal
- Conduct management and audit/policy reviews
- Conduct third-party audits on licensed contractors
To discuss your environmental, asbestos management and industrial hygiene requirements, contact us today.