Environmental, Health and Safety Sampling and Monitoring
Environmental sampling and monitoring services assess the full impact of contamination.
Human activity, from transport, industry and domestic sources, can pollute air, soil and water, damaging the environment and making them harmful to humans. Environmental monitoring is required to assess the impact on these resources, enabling informed decision making to help protect the environment and human health.
SGS Sampling and Monitoring Services
Our global network of experts can help you design and implement bespoke sampling plans to meet your specific demands. Plans may consider:
- What, where and when to sample
- How to collect representative samples
- Duration of sampling
- Frequency of sampling
- Number of samples required
- Applicable guidelines
- Laboratory accreditation and specific laboratory requirements such as TAT
- Available budget
- Equipment and personnel availability
All samples are collected, stored, handled and analysed to internationally recognised and locally accepted sampling methodologies.
Around the world, we regularly perform:
- Ambient air sampling
- Project specific and continuous monitoring
- Source emission testing
- Isokinetic determination of particulate concentrations and continuous gaseous measurement
- CEMS calibration services in terms of the latest US EPA and EU Regulations including
- Indoor Air Quality Monitoring
- Soil and sediment sampling including environmental drilling
- Drinking water, surface water, wastewater, sea water, ballast water and groundwater sampling
- Noise and vibrations monitoring
- Odour monitoring
Why choose SGS?
Employing over 6,000 environment, health and safety specialists and with a physical presence in 65 countries, we have expert resources in the environments you need them. These are backed by an unrivalled network of accredited laboratories. Wherever you are in the world, if you want to improve your environmental record, we are ready to provide a local service to international standards.
To learn more about our sampling and monitoring services, contact your local SGS office.