5th bluesign Conference
18 Oct 2018, 06:00
19 Oct 2018, 14:00
bluesign®, a strategic partner of SGS, will hold its 5th bluesign conference 18-19 October, 2018 in Milan, Italy.
The conference, which takes place every two years, is the gathering for bluesign® system partners and the broader sustainability community. It offers an unrivalled opportunity to exchange ideas and network with like-minded colleagues.
The agenda for the 5th bluesign conference is designed to encourage more in-depth conversations and expand the way we think about our industry with the following speakers:
- Simonetta Carbonara – a consumer psychologist, will challenge us to think bigger than ever from a societal point of view
- Cara Smyth – founder of the Fair Fashion Center, will broaden our perspective on the financial recommendations for sustainability in apparel
- Eva Karlsson – CEO of Houdini Sportswear, will share her experience with sustainability metrics and the progressive framework of the Planetary Boundaries from a CEO perspective
- Simone Cipriani – Founder of the Ethical Fashion Initiative, will inspire us to think very far outside of our normal box
- Stella McCartney, Levi Strauss, IKEA, Eataly World, Lenzing, and Theory will bring new perspectives to consider from very different viewpoints
Part of the conference design is the networking sessions, which need to be planned in advance to ensure they are a success. Thus, interested parties wishing to take part in networking activities are encouraged to register right away. These activities will be built around the mix of attendees, so add your name to the mix today!
About the Conferences
The bluesign® conference takes place every two years and is the gathering of all the bluesign® system partners and broader sustainability community for an opportunity to exchange ideas and network with like-minded colleagues.
There is also an opportunity to visit the Textile Exchange Textile Sustainability Conference in Milan during the following week, 22-24 October, 2018. Inspiring days for anyone who wants to pursue sustainability in the textile value chain. Check back for the agenda and speakers.