Food for Thought: The Importance of an Integrated Approach to Sustainability Reporting in the Food Sector
08 Oct 2013
08 Oct 2013
A one-day informative conference, aimed at Sustainability Managers, Company Secretaries and Professionals for whom sustainability is an essential way of life in the food sector.
The conference is aimed to give you an insight into how the food industry compares to other in Social Compliance programmes, what the new Carbon Disclosure Module for Food Beverage and Tobbacco will mean to the food sector, the latest in Anti Breibery Certification, International Product Carbon Marking and Ecodesign, plus tips on sustainability reporting.
Venue: Sunley Conference Centre, University of Northampton
Cost: £65 + VAT per delegate, includes a hot buffet lunch. Places are strictly limited.
Speakers will include representatives from Sedex, Carbon Disclosure Projects, Greenwood Solicitors, SGS and a major retailer (TBC) on progress within the food sector and the use of new and existing tools to communicate sustainability effectively, including the reporting process itself.
Topics to be covered will include progress and developments on:
- Social Compliance within the food sector – An update on work in progress
- Carbon Product Labelling – An insight into major market requirements this presentation will focus on major market issues and challenges
- Eco-design of Food Products – How to measure and improve the sustainability of new products or exsiting portfolio considering the whole supply chain? Where examples from the telecomunications sector could help the food sector
- CDP – striving towards a low carbon future and effective reporting
- Anti Corruption Verification and its importance in Sustainability Reporting
- The Future of Sustainability Reporting and Communications - This session will focus on the challenges of sustainability reporting and provide insight on developments and on effective reporting.
Additional speakers will be confirmed shortly - please check back for further details.
Please register for this event using the "Register Now" button, or for more information, please contact:
SGS United Kingdom Limited;
Saunders House, 52-53 The Mall, London W5 3TA
t: +44 (0)20 3008 7860
*Please let us know of any dietary requirements when booking.