Food for Thought: The Importance of an Integrated Approach to Sustainability Reporting in the Food Sector
19 Jun 2013
19 Jun 2013
A one-day, low cost informative event designed to provide an update and insight on sustainability topics and tools within the manufacturing, logistics, food packaging and retail sectors. Designed for Food Sector Professionals involved in the Management and Reporting of Sustainability.
Date: Wednesday 19 June
Location: Sunley Conference Centre, University of Northampton
Cost: £65 + VAT per delegate, includes a hot buffet lunch. Places are strictly limited.
Speakers will include representatives from Sedex, SGS and one or more major retailers (TBC) on progress within the food sector and the use of new and existing tools to communicate sustainability effectively, including the reporting process itself.
Topics to be covered will include progress and developments on:
- Social Compliance within the food sector - an update on work in progress;
- Carbon Product Labelling – An insight into major market requirements this presentation will focus on major market issues and challenges;
- Ecodesign – steps to successful Ecodesign - challenges and triumphs in food packaging;
- CDP – striving towards a low carbon future and effective reporting;
- Anti Corruption Verification and its importance in Sustainability Reporting;
- The Future of Sustainability Reporting and Communications - This session will focus on the challenges of sustainability reporting and provide insight on developments and on effective reporting.
Additional speakers will be confirmed shortly - please check back for further details.
Please register for this event using the "Register Now" button, or by contacting Sonia Mangat*:
SGS United Kingdom Limited;
Saunders House, 52-53 The Mall;
London W5 3TA
+44 (0)20 3008 7860
*Please let us know of any dietary requirements when booking.