Training Services Fire Safety Training
Fire safety training from SGS – gain the knowledge to implement your organisation’s fire management plan and increase awareness of fire risks for key staff.
The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 (RRO 2005) came into effect in October 2006 and replaced over 70 items of fire safety law. RRO 2005 applies to all non-domestic premises in England and Wales, including the common parts of blocks of flats and multiple occupation houses.
Under RRO 2005, the responsible person must carry out a fire safety risk assessment and implement and maintain a fire management plan.
Our fire safety training courses equip your staff with the necessary knowledge to implement your fire management plan and increase awareness of fire risks for key staff. We offer two courses, fire awareness and fire marshal training, aimed at staff with slightly differing roles:
- Fire awareness: this training is for staff that are expected to respond to a fire alarm or that may be confronted by a real fire and use a fire extinguisher. This course lasts up to two hours per session
- Fire marshal: this training is for staff that have been allocated fire safety responsibilities and may need to implement fire evacuations should a fire occur. This course lasts up to three hours per session
Why Choose Fire Safety Training From SGS?
Our fire awareness can help you understand:
- Fire response routines
- Use of water and CO2 extinguishers on real fires
- Foam extinguisher use
- Fire blanket use
Trusted Fire Awareness Training From a World-Leading Training Provider
As a world-leader in professional training, we offer unrivalled expertise in all aspects of fire awareness training. Each course is best held on your premises and will be tailored to your organisation’s fire action plan. The training requires a classroom environment, such as a meeting or training room for the theory section and an outside area the size of four car parking spaces for the practical element of the course.
Courses are delivered by one of our approved fire awareness trainers with the necessary qualifications and experience to deliver an enlightening, engaging and above all safe experience for all trainees.
The fire awareness course covers the following topics:
- Fire law
- The threat and chemistry of fire
- Fire behaviour and fire response routines
- Calling the fire brigade
- Fire classification
- Fire extinguishers: characteristics, types and uses
- Use of extinguishing media
The fire marshal course covers the following topics:
- 'The Role of a Fire Warden' (DVD)
- Fire risk assessment
- Hazard spotting and reporting
- Action in the event of a fire
- First aid fire fighting
- Ensuring full and safe evacuation
- Fire safety equipment maintenance schedules
To find out more about our fire training courses, contact us today.