Training Services ISO 50001:2018 – Energy Management Systems – Internal Auditor Training Course
Gain the knowledge and skills you need to perform energy management system audits against ISO 50001:2018 with this internal auditor course from SGS.
ISO 50001:2018 specifies the requirements for establishing, implementing, maintaining and improving an energy management system (EnMS). This course provides you with the knowledge and skills required to perform first-party audits of an EnMS against ISO 50001:2018, in accordance with ISO 19011 and ISO 17021, as applicable.
Why choose the ISO 50001:2018 internal auditor training course from SGS?
This course will enable you to:
- Explain the purpose of an energy management system, and the business and environmental benefits of improving energy management performance
- Explain the role of an auditor to plan, conduct, report and follow up an EnMS audit in accordance with ISO 19011 and ISO 17021-1 where appropriate
- Plan, conduct, report and follow up an audit of an EnMS to establish conformity (or otherwise) with ISO 50001:2018 and in accordance with ISO 19011 (and ISO/IEC 17021-1 where appropriate)
Learners who are in attendance for the complete course will be issued with an SGS ‘Certificate of Attendance’. Learners taking the eLearning version of the course will be required to complete the entire course and gain a pass mark of 80% or more in the final assessment. Upon successful completion, learners will be able to download a “Certificate of Completion”.
Before starting this course, learners are expected to have the following prior knowledge:
- Knowledge of the requirements of ISO 50001:2018
- Knowledge of the following energy management principles and concepts:
- The principles of fuel combustion, heat transfer and energy flow
- The relevant sources of energy regulation, guidelines and standards
- The typical methods and technologies for increasing efficiency
- Energy measurement units, sources, costs, tariffs and scheduling
- Energy use data analysis methods
- Energy performance indicators, monitoring and performance measurement
- The impact of organisational processes and equipment on energy efficiency
- Electricity use: motors, drives, lighting and computers
- Energy related legislation and how legal compliance forms part of an energy management system
Course duration: 2 days or 105 minutes
Delivery methodology: face to face or eLearning
The eLearning version of the course consists of two separate modules: ISO 50001:2018 Introduction and ISO 50001:2018 Internal Auditor. It is designed for experienced energy professionals who have an understanding of the management systems approach to improve energy performance.
The trusted ISO 50001:2018 internal auditor course from a world leader in corporate training
As the world leader in professional training, we offer you unrivalled experience and a global network of qualified professionals with extensive expertise in the latest practices. SGS Academy is present in more than 45 countries and trains more than 200,000 professionals worldwide.
To find out more about our ISO 50001:2018 internal auditor course, contact us today.