Training Services Mental Health and Wellbeing Introduction
An SGS introduction course to mental health and wellbeing for health and safety managers.
Traditionally, the health and safety profession focused on the physical risks to health and safety at work. Modern day life, however, has become increasingly complex and there are now a whole raft of additional health and safety risks that have to be considered. These are the psychosocial risks that can impact positively or negatively on the mental health and wellbeing of employees. As a result, health and safety managers are becoming increasingly involved in driving mental health and wellbeing strategies within their organisations.
Our mental health and wellbeing course provides an introduction to the topic for health and safety managers.
Why choose the mental health and wellbeing introduction course from SGS?
This course will help you to:
- Raise your awareness of the main issues surrounding mental health and wellbeing
- Understand psychosocial factors and how they can be effectively identified, monitored and managed in order to promote high levels of mental wellbeing
- Avoid negative impact
- Continuously improve overall health and safety management within your organisation
This interactive course is designed to provide a practical approach to understanding and managing mental health and wellbeing in the workplace, and will cover a range of topics, such as:
- What do we mean by mental health/wellbeing and how does it link to physical health?
- Why is it important to manage mental health/wellbeing in organisational settings?
- What are the psychosocial risk factors that we need to pay attention to?
- How can we identify and monitor psychosocial risks in organisations?
- Tips and techniques for managing psychosocial risks on an organisation-wide basis
- Working with organisational stakeholders to minimise psychosocial risks and their impact on mental health/wellbeing
Public or In-house Courses
The course can be held as a public course, giving you the opportunity to meet with colleagues from related industries and discuss course topics with others who have identified the same types of issues.
We can also run this course in-house as standard or customised training at your premises, enabling you to shape the message and style of the presentation to suit the culture of your organisation.
Trusted Mental Health and Wellbeing Introduction Training from a World Leader in Corporate Training
As the world leader in professional training, we offer you unrivalled experience and a global network of qualified professionals with extensive expertise in the latest practices. SGS Academy is present in more than 45 countries and trains more than 200,000 professionals worldwide.
To find out more about our mental health and wellbeing introduction course, contact us today.