Training Services First Line Supervisors Programme
First line supervisors training from SGS – helping team leaders and supervisors who may be new to management to develop their people and improve performance.
Our First Line Supervisors Programme (FLSP) is designed for those operating at team leader level who may be new to management. It aims to develop skills in people and performance management, problem solving, conflict management, grievance resolution, presentation and interviewing skills, as well as chairing effective meetings and working with budgets.
Why choose FLSP training from SGS?
This programme comprises distance learning prior to a workshop delivered with exercises, presentations and facilitated discussions, culminating in an action plan to apply in the workplace. By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Develop and motivate teams, providing constructive feedback to maximise performance and continuous improvement
- Apply decision making techniques to identify and solve problems, resolving conflicts and grievances
- Conduct a risk assessment of the workplace, highlighting prevention and control measures and complying with environmental and legal managerial responsibilities
- Chair and participate in effective succinct meetings
- Work with costs and budgets, monitoring variance and using control mechanisms
- Plan, manage and evaluate a project, setting key deliverables and milestones, monitoring and promoting benefits
- Conduct a succinct, timely briefing or presentation, using innovative techniques to engage the audience
Participants enrolled on the FLSP complete a work-based assignment of 2,000 words, identifying and describing the nature, scope and impact of an issue, analysing options, evaluating, selecting, implementing and reflecting on the chosen solution. Participants use a learning log to reflect on their communication, direction and leadership style, outlining the importance of a common sense, motivating, supporting and developing their team.
Completion of this programme can result in a level 3 qualification from the Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM).
To learn more about our training services contact SGS today.