ISO 44001: The Standard for Collaborative Business Relationships
How can you build and manage effective collaborative business relationships to enhance the performance of your business?
One of the most important requirements for business success is the ability to build and maintain effective relationships. Enhanced collaboration between organisations provides a wide range of benefits, including increased innovation, better cost management and improved risk mitigation.
How ISO 44001 can help you improve your business relationships
ISO 44001 Collaborative Business Relationships Management Systems assesses how organisations use a collaborative approach to build and improve effective partnerships.
It can provide a strategic framework for your organisation, whatever its size or sector, to apply good practice principles to your own approach to collaborative working. You can use its specifications as a guide for developing and nurturing valuable relationships throughout the supply chain. This will enable you to obtain the maximum benefit from collaboration.
Managing relationships every step of the way
ISO 44001 uses an eight-phase life cycle model to assess your organisation’s relationship building efforts, from establishment to disengagement.
- Operational awareness: understanding how relationship management fits your business objectives
- Knowledge: defining the process for developing a strategy and business case for each collaborative opportunity
- Internal assessment: evaluating how your organisation is positioned to collaborate, and creating the capability and environment needed for effective collaboration
- Partner selection: identifying and nominating potential collaborative partners and obtaining internal agreement for engagement
- Working together: establishing a formal foundation for the joint working of partners, which includes contractual agreements, roles and responsibilities
- Value creation: establishing a value creation process for joint management teams by identifying improvements and setting targets
- Staying together: measuring outcomes and creating strategies for maintaining maximum benefit and promoting overall collaborative behaviour and trust
- Exit strategy: developing and executing a plan for disengagement
By applying all phases of this model to the relationship development process, you will ensure that your partnerships are sustainable, optimised for effectiveness and provide the maximum benefit to your stakeholders.
Comply with ISO 44001 and create better business relationships
SGS can support you in developing effective collaborative business relationships by assessing your compliance with ISO 44001 and helping you design a relationship management plan to measure and monitor your partnerships. We can improve your understanding of processes in partnership dealings, increasing transparency and efficiency to make compliance easier.
To find out how complying with ISO 44001 could help you develop better business relationships, contact us today.