Brine Geochemistry Solutions (FluidPro PAL)
At SGS, we know just how important it is to have accurate data about your oil and gas reserves before moving to the production phase.
Through our FluidPro portable analytical laboratory (PAL)™ units, we provide onsite brine geochemistry solutions capable of providing valuable data for evaluating potential issues related to oil and gas production. These basic tests deliver consistent, reliable data to support screening in advance of designing production systems and process controls.
- Multi-temperature density / viscosity measurements
- pH measurement for brine / water acidity
- Conductivity and total dissolved solids (TDS)
- Ionic concentrations by programmed digital (ISE) titration
- Automated methods for high quality analyses
Oil & condensate properties:
- BS&W (conforms to ASTM, IP, API, ISO, DIN and NF M methods)
- Karl Fisher water content (conforms to ASTM, IP, API, BS and ISO methods)
- Molecular weight by freezing point depression
- Oil pH and TAN by digital titration
- Moisture content by hygrometer (optional)
- Stain tube measurements to client specifications
- Radon/mercury content (optional)
- Temperature range : variable
- Pressure range : atmospheric
- Sample volume requirement: 5 to 200 ml
Range of applications:
- Brine geochemistry
- PVT/Flow assurance screening
- Sample quality assessments
Range of samples:
- Bottom-hole samples
- Wellhead samples
- Separator samples
- Pipeline samples
- Atmospheric samples
SGS is a world leader in providing innovative services and solutions for every part of the oil and gas industry. Our certified chemists use proven technology to give you with the most accurate and representative screening data in the industry – all available onsite and on demand through our portable laboratories.
Find out how our brine geochemistry services can help get you the data you need.