Fitness for Service Assessment
Fitness for service assessment from SGS – determine the safety and integrity of your equipment and reduce failures and defects.
Material failures and defects within your industrial facilities can cause permanent damage, unplanned shutdowns, dangerous accidents and loss of public confidence. Our fitness for service assessments can determine the safety and integrity of your equipment, help prevent catastrophic failure and maintain safe and reliable operation.
Why use a fitness for service assessment from SGS?
We offer you cost-effective, practical, and timely solutions that improve the safety and reliability of your assets to help you:
- Determine if structural components, such as pressure vessels, tanks or piping are safe and fit for continued operation
- Assess how reliable your assets will be over a set period of time – for example, until your next planned shutdown
- Make informed decisions on whether to run, repair, re-rate, alter or retire your equipment
- Assess the remaining life of your equipment to set future inspection intervals and assist with your budgeting for capital expenditure
- Reduce shutdown time and gain more effective remediation
- Gain expert recommendations on any necessary corrective action
A trusted provider of fitness for service assessments
As a world leader in the development and implementation of fitness for service assessments, our reputation is built upon a proven track record serving a wide range of clients across the globe. We offer you worldwide multidisciplinary resources, extensive experience and highly qualified staff.
Our fitness for service assessments include:
- Customised and cost effective assessments
- Finite element analysis to assess equipment
- Solution based recommendations
- Identification of alternative service options, with enhanced equipment performance
- Recommendations of effective remediation and repair approaches
- Equipment assessment
- Corrosion evaluation
- Data analysis and risk assessment
- Evaluation of damage mechanisms
- Materials testing
- Non-destructive testing (NDT)
- Stress analysis
- Visual inspection
Contact us today to find out how our fitness for service assessment can determine the safety and integrity of your equipment and help you avoid failures and defects.