Fuels Performance Consultation
The SGS Drive Technology Centre (DTC) provides a range of testing services to support the effective quality control of fuels and ensure compliance with international standards.
Tests are required to ensure the operational safety of new fuels and to gauge mileage performance and emissions. The SGS Drive Technology Centre is equipped with state-of-the-art facilities for determining the properties and parameters of fuels when tested with standardised engines and test facilities.
Fuels performance testing
Our fuels performance testing capabilities include:
- Fuel comparison and fuel development
- Exhaust emissions, including both compulsory (e.g. CO2) and non-compulsory tests, including:
- Modern emission measurement systems with separated sample lines for clean and dirty cars, e.g. Ultra low emission vehicles (ULEV), Super ultra low emission vehicles (SULEV)
- Measurement and comparison of non-limited exhaust emission components with mass spectrometry
- Raw emission measurement e.g. for catalyst evaluation
- Cold operability of diesel fuel
- Start ability of fuels and vehicles
- Comparison of fuel systems under low ambient conditions
- Low temperature component test methods
- Ignition quality testing
The SGS Drive Technology Centre in Austria offers state-of-the-art facilities dedicated to the testing of operating materials, ranging from the analysis of fuels and lubricants and engine tests to the technical analysis of components. Our quality management system is ISO 9001/2000 certified and the Centre itself is ISO 17025 accredited.
Our customers are supported at every stage by an experienced team of academic researchers and technicians specialising in mechanical engineering, automotive engineering, thermodynamics, electronics and chemistry.
Find out how SGS can support your fuel and lubricant quality control process and ensure that you comply with international standards.