SGS Launches New Approach to Certification – Utilising Data to Develop Custom Business Enhancement Solutions
Our Certification & Business Enhancement solutions increase business value and maximise the potential of an organisation’s people, processes, products or services.
For more than 70 years, SGS has been known as the global leader in certification, working with clients in virtually any sector. This deep and broad experience in quality control management, regulatory compliance, and training has resulted in a staggering array of data points across industries. Utilising this dataset, we have evolved our service offerings to include Business Enhancement - the process of transformation that improves or increases the value of an organisation’s people, processes, product or service. To reflect this evolution, we have developed our Business Enhancement Platform to embody the belief that true Business Enhancement for our partners is primarily achieved by benchmarking against the realities of the business landscape.
Jeffrey McDonald, Executive Vice President - SGS Certification and Business Enhancement, explains: “Organisations today are met with a variety of operational and business challenges. To meet this need, we have evolved our services to include the Business Enhancement Engine, a proprietary approach that allows us to analyse data from 200,000+ customers and develop effective solutions, for our client’s individual needs. With the insights driven from our certification audits and operational data we develop custom training and learning solutions, as well as industry specific technical solutions to directly address our client’s business challenges, ultimately assisting them to achieve their financial and business goals.”
INTRODUCING THE BUSINESS ENHANCEMENT PLATFORM
When asked about this transformation, Deepak Mistry, Global Head of Marketing – Certification & Business Enhancement, stated: "To meet the needs of our current customers and provide effective and modern solutions to enhance business performance, SGS now offers three pillars of customisable products, inspired by our data centric approach: Certification, Intelligence, and Activation. Each pillar represents the idea that these individual solutions can be effective on their own, but can come together to form an entirely new Business Enhancement system."
- Certification: Our wide-ranging portfolio of industry specific ISOs and regulatory standards
- ISO standards
- Regulatory standards
- Industry standards
- Intelligence: A complete set of digital tools and solutions used to improve business efficiency and functionality
- BE (Business Enhancement) Engine: a business intelligence tool with the power to collect, analyse and recommend a compatible service solution based on industry pain points uncovered from certification non-conformities
- iPlus: the SGS Academy Learning Management system that offers efficient ways of scheduling, tracking and reporting on your learning and development
- Customised Assessment Tracking System (CATS): a global, 2nd party audit data management tool that provides reporting, internal auditing, complex data analysis and scheduling
- Intelligent Assessments: digitized checklists to gauge your readiness level for receiving a specific certification
- Activation: our total Business Enhancement solutions, created specifically to enhance businesses and industries
- SGS Academy: Our Learning and Development solutions are developed by subject matter experts to help organisations and individuals improve personal competence and business skills
- Technical consulting: With our diverse global skills and experience we can help you exploit your established management systems to optimize efficiency and effectiveness, partnering with you to find solutions to your challenges related to:
- Best practices in organisational operations
- Process efficiency and improvement
- Supply chain management
- Sourcing and procurement
- Second party audits: Our customised 2nd party audit solutions help your business succeed by being an independent set of eyes and ears that can monitor operations. We ensure that your organisation and partners are maintaining, and improving, the standards you have specified – wherever you are in the world
- Total solutions: Our industry specific performance assessments that were created based on common pain points. These solutions were developed by industry experts and provide three levels of potential achievement
Our Business Enhancement solutions offer the most up to date, practical insights to help you achieve your goals and ultimately BE the Benchmark.
Find out more about the Business Enhancement Platform >
For further information, please contact:
Client Relationship Executive
t: +44 (0)1276 697634
SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 95,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,400 offices and laboratories around the world.