EU – Non Domestic Furniture – Updated Standards – EN 527-2, EN 12727 and EN 15372
Last month, 3 standards linked to the non domestic market have been updated mainly to include reference to EN 1730: 2012 and EN 1728: 2012. These standards are: EN 527-2 2016 – Office table, EN 12727: 2016 – Ranked seat and EN 15372: 2016 – Non domestic table.
Last month 3 updated standards have been published:
1. EN 527-2 - Office furniture - Work tables - Part 2: Safety, strength and durability requirements.
EN 527-2:2016 supersedes the version 2003.
Compared to the previous version, modifications are:
- Test sequence and parameters are included, according to tests in EN 1730:2012;
- Suppression of A-deviation;
- Addition of an annex B (informative) for an example of calculation for stiffness of the structure.
These modifications will result in the withdrawal of EN 527-3 – Test method standard.
2. EN 12727 - Furniture - Ranked seating - Requirements for safety, strength and durability.
EN 12727: 2016 supersedes the 2000 version.
The main modification is the reference to EN 1728:2012 and so the cancellation of the test method from the body of the standard.
3. EN 15372 - Furniture - Strength, durability and safety - Requirements for non-domestic tables.
EN 15372: 2016 supersedes the 2008 version.
The main modification is the reference to EN 1730:2012 and so the cancellation of the test method from the body of the standard.
These European Standards shall be given the status of a national standard, either by publication of an identical text or by endorsement, at the latest by May 2017, and conflicting national standards shall be withdrawn at the latest by May 2017.
At SGS our services enable you to deliver well - designed, functional, durable and safe products to your customers. We have the furniture industry, regulatory and technical expertise to check your products’ compliance against relevant standards and /or your own specifications. Please do not hesitate to contact us for further information or visit our website.
For enquiries, please contact:
Global Furniture Expert
t: +0033 6 20 09 86 14
Stay on top of regulatory changes within your industry: subscribe to SafeGuardS!
SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognised as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 85,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 1,800 offices and laboratories around the world.