Jewish Care again excels in customer service
Jewish Care has again been awarded the Customer Service Excellence hallmark, three years after its first certification.
Tom Banks, Assessor for SGS United Kingdom Ltd, found evidence of “a deep understanding and commitment to Customer Service Excellence”.
He says: “Jewish Care has around 1,200 staff and 2,800 volunteers and I was very impressed with their universal commitment. They have always understood the link between vision, culture, commitment, staff involvement and service quality.”
Following visits to several of Jewish Care’s facilities and services, Mr Banks identified some areas of particularly good practice which touch people of all ages, from youth to those at the end of their life:
- Jewish Care’s youth strategy has helped to attract many more young people to the volunteer programme;
- Jewish Care’s merger with Jewish mental healthcare charity, JAMI, is being carefully managed to maximise benefits and minimise service disruption;
- Jewish Care’s mental health education group involves young people in the development of materials to be used in schools;
- Continued and expanded activities in dementia mapping give a voice to a small but previously under-engaged customer group;
- There is strong commitment to the Gold Standard Framework, which aims to prove care for people at the end of their life;
- Jewish Care has developed a new format for quality assurance
Cydonie Garfield, Jewish Care’s Head of Strategy and Quality Assurance, says: “Back in 2007 we took a deliberate decision to focus on customer service. Our CSE recertification demonstrates our continuing commitment to our customers and community and helps us to ensure that people have a good experience when they come into contact with Jewish Care. We are not resting on our laurels though – there’s always more we can do!”
SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 70,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 1,350 offices and laboratories around the world.