Mining Detailed Design Engineering
Metallurgical engineering expertise from SGS provides detail design engineering and technical mine plan specifications based on your targeted recovery and product quality.
Detail design engineering yields the integrated plans for the construction of your plant upgrade, retrofit, greenfield or brownfield expansion project. Our experts consider the many factors that ensure the efficiency and accuracy of your project plans, resulting in smooth start-up and operation. We have the expertise and experience to deliver on-time, on-budget design engineering and technical specifications that are optimised for your project, requirements and operational environment.
Our design engineering services provide detail design drawings with the information contractors need to fabricate, build and install materials and equipment, ancillary buildings and associated infrastructure for mineral processing plants. These drawings address operating and maintenance requirements while complying with local construction safety standards.
We have comprehensive process engineering expertise that allows for integrated metallurgical, mechanical, process, structural, electrical and civil engineering. Our talented team of industry experts will:
- Specify and size equipment
- Develop detail design drawings of plants and buildings, including earthwork, concrete, structural steel, mechanical, electrical and instrumentation components
- Develop optimal distribution plans for power and water
- Perform geotechnical and rock mechanics testing
- Simulate plant designs
- Ensure that the plant design addresses specified health, safety and environmental requirements
Have confidence that your plant upgrade or expansion is designed based on targeted recovery and product quality defined during development, and partner with us to benefit from:
- Innovative solutions to overcome technical and logistical challenges
- Early identification of potential design issues that will mitigate the cost of having to make changes during the construction phase
To mitigate operational and financial risk, and for accurate costs and scheduling, contact SGS today.