Mining Cyanide Bottle Roll Test
A cyanide bottle roll test is the industry standard first step in assessing the gold recovery possible by cyanide leaching.
During a bottle roll test, prepared ore is gently agitated in a cyanide lixiviant or leaching solution. Oxygen levels, alkalinity, acid consumption and other parameters are monitored and strictly controlled throughout the test. Test results provide information on expected recovery rates and reagent costs.
SGS is a world leader in cyanide leaching technology. The results from an SGS bottle roll test provide an accurate indication of the results you will obtain from your pilot plant and final gold recovery.
Our globally standardised bottle roll test procedures follow rigidly controlled parameters of time, grain size, agitation, alkalinity, oxygenation and acid levels. Our tests are run for 12, 24, 36 or 48 hours, resulting in the most detailed results possible. An SGS bottle roll test provides you with the wealth of information necessary to design and cost your gold processing circuit including:
- Grades and quantities of gold recovered
- Specific kinetics of the leachability of your ore
- Metallurgical variances within the ore, including effect of copper and other substances that will affect acid consumption and the effectiveness of leaching
- Specific data on alkalinity and 02 levels
- Rates of acid consumption
Include an SGS bottle roll test and other cyanide leaching technologies in your gold recovery operation. Rely on SGS for the improved bottom line that reliable, independent and thorough evaluation will yield.