Mining Customised PT
Laboratory Quality Services International (LQSi) programmes provide an independent quality-monitoring tool for SGS’s global network of analytical laboratories as well as for numerous client laboratories.
LQSi can provide custom quality assurance services for the auditor, laboratory, or organisation such as:
- Customised proficiency test programmes (PTPs)
- Homogenisation, blending, and packaging of solid particulate materials
- Method / proficiency development services
- Cooperative programmes
Analyst certification programme
LQSi will work with you to develop programmes geared specifically to your needs. Of course your data remains confidential. We can:
- Include your sample in an existing LQSi PTP
- Obtain a broader characterisation of your material
- Obtain well-characterised in-house control samples
- Include your corporate labs in an existing LQSi PTP
- Develop PTPs to your specifications
- Develop specific reference materials for your needs (in-house quality control, secondary reference materials, etc.) based upon select reference labs or methods
Homogenisation, blending, and packaging of solid particulate materials
Together, we can produce homogenous materials for quality control purposes or use as reference materials. LQSi is a subcontractor to national metrology bodies and instrument manufacturers for the development of certified reference materials (CRM) with reliable reference values.
Method / proficiency development services
If your laboratory is seeking to demonstrate technical competence, LQSI can provide a series of proficiency samples with known concentrations that can be used to develop or demonstrate figures of merit for new methods, instruments or analysts.
There are three types of samples in this series:
- Type 1 - the lab will be provided with reference values and the samples.
- Type 2 - the reference values are not provided to the lab until after results are submitted to LQSi for evaluation.
- Type 3 - the laboratory participates in established LQSi PTP.
LQSi can help your laboratory meet the ever-increasing demands of laboratory quality management systems developed by international, national, and industry standards organisations. Contact us today.