Mining Exploration Services for Uranium
SGS provides expert geological exploration services and successful exploration management for uranium.
We have the stringent safety protocols in place to provide turnkey professional services for your uranium exploration programme or and the third party independence to act as your technical advisor or Qualified or Competent Person.
As your trusted technical partner, we can provide you with the geological consulting and mineral exploration management services you need including:
- Topographic surveys and base map plotting
- Supervision of line cutting and claim staking
- Layout of reference grids
- Geological target delineation and mapping
- Trenching and sampling
- Determination of drill hole and trench locations
- Supervision of drill programmes including core logging and sampling
- Database management
- Orebody modelling, resource calculation and reserve estimation
- Domain definition and sampling for metallurgical purposes
- NI 43-101 technical reports and audits
- Geochemical analysis in fully licensed laboratories
- Mineralogical and metallurgical studies
Our goal is to ensure that in all sampling work your samples are representative and advance your project in a cost-efficient manner. The entire chain-of-custody for your samples and core will be managed with SGS efficiency and integrity to ensure timely, accurate results.
Geological Target Selection and Mapping
SGS has the health and safety protocols in place to provide you with expert field services at your project site. Our experienced geological teams can assist you with the following services:
- Target selection
- Geologic mapping at regional and local scales
- Exploration mineralogy (including EXPLOMIN™) and petrography
- Computerisation of geological data
- Drill-hole database management
- Digitising, drafting and section plotting
- Customised treatment of data and custom programming of data-centric applications
SGS understands that accurate resource and reserve models are based on properly managed and verified databases. Our experienced geologists and statisticians use state-of-the-art computer software to provide you with complete and confidential data management solutions for your exploration programme.
Orebody Modelling and Reserve Estimation
SGS offers you complete orebody modelling and resource estimation services using geostatistical techniques. Your orebody-modelling project starts with a critical review of existing sample data as well as maps and plans with current geological interpretation. We create and validate your database, then use this information to build a reliable resource model. These models allow us to perform comprehensive resource estimation and classification. SGS is an experienced leader in geostatistical techniques and will ensure your resource estimations are done to accuracy and integrity demanded by these standards.
NI 43-101 Technical Reports and Audits
SGS has geological engineers who can act as your Qualified Persons, as defined by National Instrument 43-101 and JORC. They can prepare technical reports, resource audits and certifications compliant with these codes. You can feel secure in the knowledge that our conclusions and recommendations are unbiased, accurate and trusted by global regulating bodies.
With our unique combination of proven experience and strict handling procedures, SGS is the international lab of choice for uranium exploration services. Our uranium expertise started in the uranium exploration booms of the 1950s and the 1970s and has continued to present day. We have developed the expertise and stringent safety infrastructure needed to provide you with a comprehensive range of uranium exploration services.