Logistics TSI Certification
Qualify trains and their constituent parts to be marketed for use across the EU with Directive 2008/57/EC and Technical Specification for Interoperability (TSI) certification services from SGS.
An integrated European railway needs to ensure the technical compatibility of infrastructure, rolling stock, signalling and other subsystems, to enable the use of rolling stock across the European Union’s rail network. Rolling stock and railway parts must undergo statutory assessments to verify that their design and production comply with the applicable TSIs (the essential requirements set out by Directive 2008/57/EC Interoperability of Rail Systems).
As an EC certification Notified Body, we can conduct the statutory compliance assessments for rolling stock, infrastructure, signaling and component parts. Where appropriate we issue the relevant certificates and technical file to support authorisation to place trains in service, or to put parts on the market.
Benefits of TSI Certification
Recognised as the global benchmark for quality and integrity, our TSI certification services help you to:
- Get authorisation to place trains in service and put constituent parts on the market
- Reduce project risks to both your timescale and budget
The scope of Directive 2008/57/EC and its TSIs is broad. TSIs include:
- Passenger and locomotive rolling stock
- Freight wagons
- Conventional noise
- Control-command and signaling subsystems
- Persons of reduced mobility
- Safety in railway tunnels
To help rail operators, infrastructure managers and financiers deliver projects, on time and on budget, we offer a broad range of TSI services:
- Certification – certification of new/upgraded rolling stock and infrastructure as required by legislation, or industry schemes including RISAS and IRIS
- Assessment – independent technical or process assessments outside legislative requirements
- Inspection – rolling stock and infrastructure inspections for purposes including electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) testing, oil sampling, fire performance testing and non-destructive testing (NDT)
- Maintenance – review, independent validation and optimisation of maintenance activities and facilities to ensure cost effective, efficient performance of rolling stock and depots without compromising safety requirements
Why choose SGS?
Our experience in the rail industry includes rolling stock, infrastructure and operations, encompassing all aspects of the system life cycle from concept through to service delivery. Supporting rail customers around the globe, in America, Asia, Australia and Europe, we work collaboratively with them to develop solutions tailored to meet the requirements of their rail industry. We deliver this through a combination of technology, and expertise.
Contact SGS today for more information.