Logistics EN 15085 Welding Certification
EN 15085 welding certification from SGS – comply with internationally acknowledged standards for welding operations in the railway industry and inspire customer confidence.
To ensure the consistency and high quality of welding operations in railway vehicle and parts manufacture, European railway factories, depots and workshops must comply with the requirements of EN 15085:2008, Part 2: Quality Requirements and Certification of Welding Manufacturers.
Internationally, certification, whether mandatory or voluntary, is considered a benchmark for good practice. Our EN 15085 certification service will demonstrate compliance with local regulations, where needed, and assure your railway supply chain that you are a quality welding provider.
Why Choose EN 15085 Welding Certification from SGS?
EN 15085 certification is evidence that your operations meet the railway industry’s international standard for consistency and high quality in fusion welding of materials in rolling stock and components manufacturing.
Assessment and certification of your welding process management and quality management systems will:
- Verify that your staff selection methods and techniques guarantee consistent high product quality
- Ensure your production processes are efficient and cost effective
- Promote safe working behaviours and the safe and proper operation of critical equipment
- Ensure customers and original equipment manufacturers have confidence in your staff, materials and procedures
- Qualify you as an approved railway industry supplier
Unrivaled Experience in Railway Auditing and Certification
SGS offers world leading audit and certification teams with extensive rail project experience. Our teams have completed projects in America, Asia, Australia and Europe.
Our EN 15085 certification body, while based in Italy, functions as a fully international body. We use accredited local welding engineers, inspectors and system certification auditors to carry out assessments. This allows us to provide a cost effective local service in almost any country in the world where EN 15085 certification is required.
Our service includes:
- Certification of EN 15085-2 CL1 CL2 CL3 CL4
- Certification of ISO 3834-2/-3/-4
- PQR/WPQ according to European standards EN 15614-1/-2 and EN 9606-1/-2
- NDT personal qualification according to ISO 9712
- Testing of weld samples
Contact us today to find out how EN 15085 welding certification can prove the safety and efficiency of your welding operations and assure your customers and end users of the quality work you provide while ensuring that you comply with railway industry regulations.