Life Sciences Disulphide Bridge Analysis
Disulphide bridge analysis from SGS – a powerful technique to help you identify and quantify disulphide bridges.
The number and position of disulphide bridges (also called disulphide bonds) plays a crucial role in obtaining a correctly folded protein product essential for function. Our disulphide bridge assessment helps you identify the number and position of disulphide bridges present.
Why choose disulphide bridge assignment from SGS?
Our analytical services help you to:
- Identify the number and position of disulphide bridges present
- Detect potential mismatched or scrambled disulphide bridge forms using powerful spectrometric techniques
- Meet International Conference on Harmonisation of Technical Requirements for Registration of Pharmaceuticals for Human Use ICH Q6B requirements for characterisation and confirmation of biopharmaceuticals for new marketing applications
Trusted disulphide bridge analysis from the leading provider
As the world’s leading provider of disulphide bridge analysis, we offer you the experience, technical and regulatory expertise, and unique global network you need.
We achieve disulphide bridge and free sulfhydryl group assignment using peptide mapping-based strategies. Analysis generally involves digestion using a suitable enzyme and/or chemical and examination of the resulting mixture using Liquid Chromatography with Mass Spectrometry Detection (LC-MS) to isolate and identify potential disulphide bridged peptides.
The potential bridges can then be confirmed by reduction and re-analysis using:
- Molecular ion data from Matrix Assisted Laser Desorption Ionisation Mass Spectrometry (MALDI-MS)
- Fragment ion information from Electrospray Mass Spectrometry (ES-MS)
- Electrospray Ionisation with Tandem Mass spectrometry (ES-MS/MS)
Using such powerful mass spectrometric techniques enables even low levels of potential mismatched or scrambled disulphide bridge forms to be detected.
Contact us today to find out more about our disulphide bridge analysis.