Industrial Manufacturing Hazardous Area Inspections
Ensure the compliance of electrical installations in potentially explosive atmospheres, for new and existing plant, with hazardous area inspections.
When dangerous substances are released into the atmosphere they can ignite or create explosions, causing damage to property, serious injury or loss of life. The UK Dangerous Substances and Explosive Atmospheres Regulations (DSEAR), and comparable international regulations, impose duties on employers and the self-employed to minimise the risk of such occurrences.
Compliance services benefits
We have vast experience with DSEAR and equivalent regulations, and in explosion protection generally. Our hazardous area inspection services:
- Ensure compliance of electrical installations in potentially explosive atmospheres for new and existing plant
- Are delivered by inspection engineers with a minimum of IECEx/CompEx 01-04 certification along with recognised industry qualifications and highly experienced in the field of hazardous area DSEAR, ATEX and IECex compliance
- Reduce the risk of ignition, or explosion, of dangerous substances
Our experts provide practical advice and guidance to help you meet the challenges associated with local regulations.
SGS hazardous area inspection services
We offer a range of services, including:
- Initial inspections, for existing and new equipment (BS EN (IEC) 60079-14)
- Regular periodic inspection services at visual, close or detailed inspection levels pertinent to the protection type (BS EN (IEC) 60079-17)
- Compiling Ex asset registers and client databases
- Verification of all installed ‘Ex’ equipment databases
- Ensuring compliance with all standards and regulations
- Ex installation and maintenance project management
- Ex remedial repairs
Hazardous area inspection reports
All our reports are issued via our bespoke web and app based platform, allowing for prompt and traceable identification of our findings, with the option of dedicated access to reports through a secure customer portal.
Contact your local SGS office day to find out more about our hazardous area inspection services.