Energy Rotor Imbalance and Blade Pitch Angle Measurement
Rotor imbalance inspection and blade pitch angle measurement from SGS – optimise your wind turbines to ensure a longer service life and higher energy yield.
Rotor imbalance can cause harmful stress and vibrations in the drive train of your wind turbines. This can result in a lower energy yield, damage to components, including the gearbox, generator and main bearings, and expensive repairs. Our rotor imbalance and blade pitch angle measurement services help prevent expensive damage by providing you with early identification of problems.
Why choose rotor imbalance inspection and blade pitch angle measurement from SGS?
We can help you:
- Identify problems as early as possible to prevent expensive damage
- Locate rotor imbalance and identify locations that need remediation with regular measurement of your wind turbine blade pitch angle
- Increase rotor efficiency and ensure reliable wind turbine operation
Trusted rotor imbalance inspection and blade pitch angle measurement from a world leader
As the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company, we offer you an accredited worldwide network and unrivalled experience in renewable energy projects, using state-of-the-art equipment. Our dedicated, in-house wind energy competence centre and unique global reach enable us to provide you with inspection and certification of offshore wind farm projects across the globe.
Our rotor imbalance inspection and blade pitch angle measurement for wind turbines includes:
- Visual examination of blades
- Pitch angle measurement and adjustment
- Elimination of aerodynamic rotor imbalance
- Detection of mass imbalance
- Mounting of corrective counter-weights
To discuss how regular monitoring and preventative action can increase reliable service life and maximise your energy output, contact us today.