Construction Mill and Plant Sample Analysis
SGS is a leader in the chemical analysis of metallurgical and process samples from mines, mills and plants.
We provide reliable analysis to determine the grade of your head or feed samples, middlings, reagents, leach solutions, SX-EW liquors, tails, process waters, concentrates, metals, slags or residues.
The results of our analyses allow you to optimise your operation by providing the reliable data that you need to:
- Fine-tune your processing circuit
- Ensure environmental compliance
- Meet market or contract specifications
SGS global teams of experts can provide analytical support for a wide variety of sample types. We have the proven expertise gained over many years of metallurgical support and can provide the accurate results you need. Our mill/in-plant analysis services include:
- Core Analytical Suites: SGS analytical teams can support a wide range of analytical requirements including:
- Fire assay gold or platinum determinations
- Trace element determinations by ICP-AES
- Manual or automated titrations
- CVAA mercury analysis
- AAS base metal determinations
- Carbon and sulphur
- Customised Analytical Suites: SGS provides customised analytical suites determinations to support specific analytical requirements.
- Digestions: SGS has experience with a variety of analytical digestions, leaches and fusions.
- Particle size analysis by screening and sieving
- Basic metallurgical testing:
- Grindability testing such as SPI or SMC
- Flotation testing
- Shake tests
Contact us to learn how we can provide the compositional analysis you need to properly manage operations at your mine, mill or plant.