Transportation Particulate Matter Testing
Particulate matter testing from SGS - specialised testing and analysis for diesel and gasoline engines.
Determining the particulate matter from your engines is essential for regulatory compliance. As a result, specialised testing is required. We offer a range of methods for collecting and analysing particulate matter samples for both diesel and newer Gasoline Direct Injection (GDI) engines.
Why choose particulate matter testing from SGS?
We offer you:
- Accurate testing for diesel and gasoline engines
- Complete particle number and particle size distribution reports
- Standard particulate mass quantification
- Analysis of engine-out particulate filters for volatile organic compounds (VOCs) via the vacuum sublimation method
- Characterisation of particle emissions over a wide range of altitudes and temperatures
- Analysis of the sources of variability in particle emissions to aid in component development and control system calibration
Precise particulate matter testing from a trusted world leader
As a global leader in particulate matter testing, we offer unrivalled expertise and experience providing testing throughout the transportation industry. With decades of experience, our local experts deliver comprehensive services that meet your organisation’s specific needs.
Our dedicated testing laboratory for weighing and stabilising filters includes the following specialised features and equipment:
- Electrically conductive floor
- Temperature control
- Humidity control
- Data logging of environmental conditions
- Mettler UMX-2 microbalance, 0.1 μg readability
- Haug electrostatic charge de-ionizer
- Smoke meter
- Micro soot sensor
- Opacity meter
- Gravimetric method
Our weigh room has air filtration and environmental control systems compliant with 40 CFR Part 1065 and is similar to a Class 1000 clean room environment. We also have particle number counters, a particle size spectrometer, research-grade diluters and thermodenuders to characterise particle emissions over a wide range of altitudes and temperatures on our vehicle testing chassis dynamometers and in our engine testing labs.
To discuss your particulate matter testing requirements, contact us today.