Training Services BCI: Crisis and Incident Management Training
BCI: crisis and incident management training from SGS – learn how to deal with the most common incidents faced by organisations.
Crisis and incident management is fundamental to any business continuity plan (BCP). As a result, anyone involved in the business continuity discipline must acquire knowledge on the Business Continuity Institute (BCI) Good Practice Guidelines on crisis and incident management.
This course is aimed at senior managers who are responsible for managing an incident both at a strategic and tactical level or for individuals who are part of the incident management team. The course is also suitable for those responsible for exercising or coaching the incident management team.
Why choose the crisis and incident management course from SGS?
This course will help you to:
- Understand BCI guidelines on crisis and incident management
- Gain theoretical guidance and practical experience on how to deal with a wide range of incidents that may be faced by your organisation
- Look at different exercising and coaching approaches and techniques that can be used by senior managers involved in the incident response
- Gain first-hand experience on some of the techniques and approaches discussed in the course, through a combination of presentations, discussion and role-play activities
Expert crisis and incident management training from a world leader
As a global leader in professional training, we draw on years of worldwide experience of business continuity, BCI requirements and crisis management to provide effective learning and development.
This course covers:
- Definition, characteristics and impacts of an incident
- The difference between an effective response and an ineffective response
- Developing an effective incident response
- The human aspects of a crisis and how to improve human reactions
- The responsibilities of top managers in a crisis
- Dealing with the media
- Resources and facilities required by the incident management team
- Contents of an incident management plan
- Training and exercising the incident management team
- Quick wins
All delegates will receive a BCI Certificate of Attendance on completion of the course.
To find out more about our crisis and incident management course, contact us today.