Webinar: Understand the US Formaldehyde Standards in Composite Woods Act
Join our live webinar to learn about the US Formaldehyde Requirements to help in your marketing of compliant composite wood products.
26 Oct 2017, 09:00
26 Oct 2017, 10:00
The objective of this webinar (45-minute presentation/15-minute Q&A) is to facilitate the compliance journey for formaldehyde emissions in composite wood products for the US market.
The webinar addresses the following main topics:
- Scope, requirements and relationship with Airborne Toxic Control Measures (ATCM) to reduce Formaldehyde Emissions from Composite Wood under the California Air Resources Board (CARB)
- Obligations for economic operators
- Major provisions in US EPA final rule implementing measures for formaldehyde standards in composite wood products
- Incentives for products manufactured from ultra-low-emitting formaldehyde resins (ULEF) and no added-formaldehyde (NAF) based resins
- Obligations for manufacturers, fabricators, laminators, importers, distributors and retailers
Signed by the US President in July 2010 and implemented by the US EPA in December 2016, the final rule for the Formaldehyde Emission in Composite Wood Products Act will be implemented in phases, starting March 28, 2018. It provides the basis for, among other things, formaldehyde emission standards in composite wood products, namely:
- Hardwood plywood veneer core (HWPW-VC)
- Hardwood plywood composite core HWPW-CC)
- Particleboards (PBs)
- Medium density fibreboards (MDFs)
It is important that economic operators in the supply chain are aware of their obligations in this unique piece of legislation to ensure compliance and meeting their obligations for brand protection and sustainability.
Hing Wo Tsang - Global Information and Innovation Manager, Hardlines
Hing Wo joined SGS in 2003 as a Senior Laboratory Executive. Since joining the global platform in 2013, Hing Wo has been supporting a range of initiatives, from product compliance to regional projects. He is a member of SGS’s food contact committee and the chemical sub-group for toy safety. Prior to joining SGS, Hing Wo graduated with a PhD in Medicinal Chemistry and worked on anti-HIV and anti-infective agents.
This webinar is aimed at:
- Composite wood manufacturers (mills) for the California and US markets
- Other economic operators in the supply chain such as fabricators, laminators, importers, distributors and retailers
- Other professionals who wish to be educated on the topic
Cost: No Charge
For more information, please contact:
Global Marketing Manager
t: +33 4 42 61 64 46