The training has been designed to equip participants with the knowledge and skills needed to effectively audit a Sustainable Events Management System (SEMS) in accordance with the ISO 20121 standard. Adopting the ISO 20121 standard helps improve the sustainability management practices of event organisations, venues and events’ supply chains.
On training completion you will be able to:
- Describe the responsibilities of an internal auditor and describe the role of internal audit in the maintenance and improvement of SEMS, in accordance with ISO 20121
- Explain the purpose and structure of ISO 20121
- Plan and prepare for an internal audit, gather audit evidence through observation, interview and sampling of documents and records
- Write factual audit reports that help to improve the effectiveness of the SEMS
- Suggest ways in which the effectiveness of corrective action might be verified
The training comprises presentations, workshops and role-play exercises.
Please Note: You should already possess basic awareness of ISO 20121 and an understanding of the sustainability issues before attending this training.
Contact SGS today to learn more about the benefits of SGS ISO 20121 Internal Auditing Training.