Wind Turbine Blade Testing
Wind turbine blade testing from SGS – verify the reliability of your rotor blades, avoid failures and extend operational life.
Rotor blade failure can have a significant impact on turbine downtime, safety and public exposure. High reliability is essential to ensure cost-effective wind turbine operations. Our wind turbine blade testing services help you to verify the reliability of your rotor blades, while extending operational life.
Why use wind turbine blade testing from SGS?
We can help you:
- Extend the lifetime of your wind rotor blades and minimise the risks from design flaws and manufacturing defects
- Ensure that your rotor blades meet site-specific conditions, and operate safely and efficiently throughout their life cycle
- Comply with all relevant safety standards and regulations
- Avoid failures and their impact on turbine downtime and safety
Trusted wind turbine blade testing from a world leader
As the world’s leading provider of testing, verification and inspection, we offer you proven experience in the wind energy sector, state-of-the-art technology and unrivalled expertise.
Our innovative global Wind Energy Technology Center (WETC), located near to the harbour of Tianjin, China, conveniently accessed by the entire Asian region, is an innovative testing centre for wind turbine blades, equipped with the latest technology. As a result, we can offer you comprehensive full-scale wind turbine blade testing for onshore and offshore wind rotor blades. WETC offers you the expertise of experienced international engineers close to your production facilities.
The WETC services include:
- Full-scale static rotor blade testing, including load application with hydraulic winches
- Full-scale dynamic rotor blade testing using blade-based exciter saddles or ground-based exciters
- Eigenfrequency determination
- Certification testing according to international standards, such as IEC 61400-23
- Rotor blade design validation
- Manufacturing quality testing
- Validation of repairs and design changes
- Manufacturing inspections of blades, blade moulds, spinners and nacelles
- In-service blade inspections and root cause analysis of blade failures
- Testing of composite material coupons
- Advanced non-destructive testing (NDT) methods specifically developed for monitoring the condition of rotor blades
To help you reduce delays and costs, we offer efficient turnaround times, based on the lean management practice. Plus, our robust information security management ensures that your intellectual property is protected.
As the only internationally accredited local testing centre in China, the WETC holds the following accreditations and works according to the following management systems:
- United Kingdom Accreditation Service (UKAS) accreditation according to ISO 17025 for full-scale blade tests
- Information Security Management System (ISMS) according ISO 27001
- Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Management System
The WETC provides comprehensive testing with reporting provided in English or Chinese.
Contact us today to find out how our blade testing services can help you to verify reliability, avoid failures and extend the operational life of your wind turbine rotor blades.Email us
WETC Brochure (891 KB)
Wind Energy Technology Center Brochure
SGS Wind Energy Testing Center (WETC) provides a wide range of rotor blade testing services
Wind Capability Statement (1093 KB)
Wind Capability Statement
SGS provides comprehensive services for onshore and offshore wind energy projects during the entire project lifecycle.
Site Assessment Wind Energy (281 KB)
Site Assessment Wind Energy
With site assessment services SGS ensures viability, economical soundness and site optimization for wind farm projects
End of Warranty Inspection (930 KB)
SGS End of Warranty Inspection
SGS successfully provided end of warranty inspection services of wind turbines for Borusan EnBW Energy in Turkey.
Quality Control for Sany Group (1288 KB)
SGS Quality Control for Sany Group
SGS provides quality control services for wind towers built by Sany Group in China.
Fuhrländer Wind Turbine (667 KB)
Fuhrländer Wind Turbine - Technical Due Diligence
Technical due diligence of the Fuhrländer 1.5 MW wind turbine
NDT Wind Energy (217 KB)
Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) Services Brochure
SGS provides a wide portfolio of non-destructive testing (NDT) services for wind farm projects.
Wind Project Certification (240 KB)
Wind Project Certification
SGS offers wind farm project certification for a wide range of wind farm projects
Technical Due Diligence (199 KB)
Technical Due Diligence
Technical due diligence for new or existing wind farms identifies technical risks before investing in the wind farm
In-service Inspection (388 KB)
In-Service Inspections Wind
SGS provides a wide portfolio of commissioning and in-service inspection services to assure the quality of wind farms.
All 20 resources