Compliance checks from SGS – assess the integrity of your business partners to reduce your risk of involvement in unethical business practices.
International anti-corruption regulations, as well as guidelines and best practices for corruption prevention programmes, demand that you take responsibility for your employees’ and your business partners’ integrity.
SGS compliance checks identify financial, regulatory and reputational risks posed by your partners. They ensure that your business relationships do not threaten the integrity of your own organisation. These requirements include:
- OECD Good Practice Guidance on Internal Controls, Ethics, and Compliance (2010)
- International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) Rules of Conduct on Extortion and Bribery in International Business Transactions and ICC Guidelines on Agents, Intermediaries and Other Third Parties (2010)
- The “Seven Steps” of the US Federal Sentencing Guidelines (1991)
- The UK Bribery Act Guidance document – Principle 4, Compliance checks (2011)
- Transparency International Business Principles for Countering Bribery (2009)
Why choose compliance checks from SGS?
SGS partners with business intelligence companies and consults relevant databases to collect:
- Data on shareholders and legal information related to the company
- Judicial information
- Data on media reports on financial crimes
- Sanction lists
A compliance analyst then drafts a business intelligence report based on a Red Flag system, in accordance with the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) or ICC guidelines. This analysis provides:
- An overall evaluation
- Highlights of potential issues or risks that require further study
- Recommendations for measures to be taken before starting or continuing a business relationship
SGS also offers the option of an on-site assessment of your business partner, in order to:
- Cross-reference the data collected while compiling the business intelligence report
- Evaluate your partner’s commitment
- Raise awareness of your ethical rules and anti-corruption regulations
- Obtain signatures to a compliance statement
- Collect documentation for your due diligence file
Unrivalled experience in formal compliance checks and assessments
SGS offers specialist expertise in anti-corruption services. Our compliance checks and risk assessments are performed by legal experts with operational experience in the field, including international trade.
Contact us today to find out how our compliance checks and risk assessments can help you comply with anti-corruption regulations and keep your business free of corruption.Email us