Detergents and Surfactants Characterisation
Detergents and surfactants characterisation from SGS – a range of techniques, including surfactant analysis, residual surfactant testing and residual detergent analysis to help you characterise surface-active compounds.
We offer you extensive experience in the detailed characterisation of surface-active compounds, either individually, in mixtures or in finished products. With our in-depth knowledge of surfactant analysis techniques, we can select the appropriate analytical approach to suit your individual projects.
These may include:
- Positive and negative ion electrospray-mass spectrometry (ES-MS)
- Positive and negative ion liquid chromatography with mass spectrometry detection (LC-MS).
- Matrix assisted laser desorption ionization-time of flight mass spectrometry (MALDI-TOF MS) for the identification of non-ionic surfactants
Why choose detergent and surfactant analysis and characterisation from SGS?
Our service includes surfactant analysis, residual surfactant testing and residual detergent analysis. We can help you:
- Detect and quantify detergents in biopharmaceutical products according to ICH Q6B, including TWEEN, and polyethylene glycol (PEG)
- Identify cationic and amphoteric detergents, such as quaternary ammonium salts, N-oxides, sulphobetaines and non-ionic detergents by positive ion ES-MS
- Identify anionic detergents, such as alkylbenzene sulfonates and ether sulfates with negative ion ES-MS
- Identify of alkoxylated non-ionic detergents, such as alkylphenol ethoxylates, alcohol propoxylates and gasoline dispersants with LC-MS
- Analyse low levels of surfactants or complex matrices with LC-MS
Trusted detergent and surfactant analysis and characterisation from a leading provider
As the world’s leading provider of detergent and surfactant analysis and characterisation, we provide you with the experience, technical and regulatory expertise, and unique global network you need.
Our detergent and surfactant analysis and characterisation has been used in a wide range of industries, including:
- Monitoring cleaning protocols in the pharmaceutical industry
- Detecting gasoline additives by negative ion ES-MS
- Analysing soil, ground water and benthic fauna samples for trace levels of surfactants, including fluorinated sulfonate residues, perfluorooctane sulfonate (PFOS) and its breakdown products derived from fire-fighting foams.
To find out more about our detergent and surfactant analysis and characterisation, contact us today.Email us