SGS’s food chemical testing services use state of the art equipment and apply intricate analytical techniques in testing your food products. This helps you comply with the increasingly complex regulatory standards concerning health, safety and the environment.
Our trusted international service can help you deliver food products that constantly meet high quality standards while complying with regulatory requirements. We determine the composition of your product to identify the presence of additives or contaminants, and base our food chemicals testing on the following parameters:
- Nutrient value analysis e.g. water, ash, fat, protein, fibre
- Fibre e.g. soluble, insoluble, inulin
- Sugar spectrum e.g. glucose, fructose, saccharose, lactose
- Preservatives e.g. sorbic acid, benzoic acid, propionic acid, Butylated Hydroxyanisole (BHA), Butylated Hydroxytoluene (BHT)
- Minerals and trace elements e.g. vitamin B12, vitamin D3, vitamin K
- Contaminants and all types of residue, including:
- Veterinary drug residues
- Identification of foreign bodies
- Preparative-gravimetric determination
We apply the following techniques in our chemical analysis of food:
- Gas Chromatography–Mass Spectrometry–Mass Spectrometry (GC-MS/MS)
- High-Performance Liquid Chromatography Thermal Energy Analyser (HPLC-TEA)
- Liquid Chromatography–Mass Spectrometry–Mass Spectrometry (LC-MS/MS)
- Ultraviolet-Visible (UV/VIS) Spectroscopy
- Scanning electron microscopy
- Atomic Absorption Spectroscopy (AAS), Inductively Coupled Plasma Atomic Emission Spectroscopy (ICP-AES).
Contact SGS to find out how our food chemical testing services can help your business deliver high quality products and comply with regulatory standards.