Particulate Matter Testing
Particulate matter testing from SGS - specialised testing and analysis for diesel and gasoline engines.
Determining the particulate matter from your engines is essential for regulatory compliance. As a result, specialised testing is required. We offer a range of methods for collecting and analysing particulate matter samples for both diesel and newer Gasoline Direct Injection engines.
Why choose particulate matter testing from SGS?
We offer you:
- Accurate testing for diesel and gasoline engines
- Complete particle number and particle size distribution reports
- Standard particulate mass quantification
- Analysis of engine-out particulate filters for volatile organic compounds (VOCs) via the vacuum sublimation method.
- Characterisation of particle emissions over a wide range of altitudes and temperatures
- Analysis of the sources of variability in particle emissions to aid component development and control system calibration
Our particulate matter testing includes:
- Smoke meter
- Micro soot sensor
- Opacity meter
- Gravimetric method
Precise particulate matter testing from a trusted world leader
As a global leader in particulate matter testing, we offer unrivalled expertise and experience providing testing throughout the automotive industry. With over 30 years of experience, our local experts deliver comprehensive, tailor-made services that meet your organisation’s specific requirements.
Our dedicated facilities for weighing and stabilising filters includes the following specialised features and equipment:
- Electrically conductive floor
- Temperature control
- Humidity control
- Data logging of environmental conditions
- Mettler UMX-2 microbalance, 0.1 μg readability
- Haug electrostatic charge de-ionizer
Our weigh room has air filtration and environmental control systems compliant with 40 CFR Part 1065. The weigh room is similar to a Class 1000 clean room environment.
We also have particle number counters, a particle size spectrometer, research-grade diluters and thermodenuders to characterise particle emissions over a wide range of altitudes and temperatures on the chassis dynamometer and in the engine lab.
To discuss your particulate matter testing requirements, contact us today.Email us