The SGS advanced cargo information (ACI) service provides both public and private trade operators with comprehensive electronic cargo information well ahead of the arrival of the goods in the country of importation, to aid processing and clearance.
How does ACI work?
ACI provides real-time data to authorised parties in any location by means of a web-based application. This allows timely processing of import/export documentation as well as detailed monitoring of the traffic of imported/exported goods. ACI works as follows:
- Exporter or its forwarder complete the ACI form, attaching required documents (bill of lading, invoice and export declaration) in electronic format before (or just after) the loading of the goods
- SGS then checks that the documentation and information is complete and complies with all applicable regulations
- The relevant information is made available online in real-time to all authorised parties involved in the transaction (importer, forwarder, customs, etc.) by means of the ACI application
- Access to information can be controlled through tailored access rights, depending on user requirements
The benefits of ACI
ACI offers you:
- Cargo information available before arrival of goods
- Reduced port agents costs
- Real time follow-up of transactions
- Generation of trade intelligence
- Risk management and fraud control
- Can interface with Profiler®, the SGS risk-analysis tool, in order to identify potential threats to public health, security or legal trade prior to the arrival of the cargo
- Can be tailored to interface with other applications such as customs management systems
Why choose SGS as your ACI partner?
Since 1965, SGS has been proud to serve those public administrations around the world who have entrusted us with the verification of trade transactions. We feel that our unique experience means that we can give you the best possible service in all aspects of import monitoring and verification.
Discover how advanced cargo information services from SGS can add value to your operations.